Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Everything adds up

Earlier in the year I registered Alyssa for Kindergarten. But I guess that was only a pre-enrollment so I went back in a few weeks ago to "officially" register her.
I ended up having to pay an instructional fee of $40 plus an extra $9 for milk. Then after getting school supplies....it all adds up....so much for public schools being "free". Of course we all know that public schools aren't free because we pay for them through our taxes. I thought we had paid more than enough to cover instructional fees or supplies but apparently not.
Alyssa is so excited she has been counting down the days. We've already explained to her several times that she will have to wear other clothes than just the pink cupcake shirt and shorts. She's agreed and already picked out an outfit for the hour orientation day to meet her teacher and take in supplies as well as for her first day on Friday. We will see if she's as cooperative later on!