Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2008 Farmstead 5K

On Saturday I set my alarm once again to get up and go run a 5K race that was held at the Deanna Rose Farmstead.
I know that sounds crazy to most people, but I was glad I did. It always feels great after finishing a workout and it's always nice to be challenged. Several days later and I am still feeling some muscle soreness! Running on my treadmill is so boring and I never seem to go any faster than a 10 minute per mile pace.
Here's a picture of me finishing the race. I was able to find my picture out of hundreds on the SeeKCRun.com website. I still need to try to look up my finishing time and place. I wasn't paying attention as I was finishing and my cell phone only let me know that I finished in approximately 26 minutes. At this point in time, anything under a 10 minute per mile pace is acceptable to me!! I'd like to run some more races but seems like it can get pretty expensive. Twenty-five for that race and it seems like the longer the distance the more expensive. Also if you don't pre-register you always have to pay more. I don't like to register early since I'm never sure (until the last minute) if my schedule will allow....and with the kids soccer starting up in September being every weekend (Saturday and sometimes Sunday too)...that will really make it even harder.
So my finishing time was 26:43 and I finished 5th in my age group (out of 19) and was 122 overall (out of 283 finishers) http://www.opkansas.org/_Vis/Farmstead/Special_Events/Farmstead_5K.cfm