Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fearless

So we made it to the pool today just after 10am. Kids enjoyed playing in the kiddie pool with a slide and several mom's from the Mom's group were there. So when the big pool opened at noon Alyssa wanted to go so we walked over there. So Alyssa hopped in the big pool - with shallow - zero entry. The next thing I knew John was running to the other end of the pool. I tried shouting out for John to stop but nothing came out (due to my lost voice)so I quickly hurried after him. He seemed to be on a mission and I soon found out where he was headed. The small diving board! I reached the side of the pool as he was jumping off. I threw down my sunglasses by the life guard stand and jumped in after him. He popped up out of the water and tried to keep his head above water by doing a doggie paddle - he looked kinda surprised. Grabbed him and hauled him over to the side of the pool. Not sure how I managed since I am not a good swimmer - the lifeguard told us that he was seconds from jumping in! After the shock wore off of him running off like that, I had to chuckle to myself - what a daredevil he is. Have to watch out for this one! Was kinda funny - would have loved to have captured that on video!