Monday, June 9, 2008

Is it ever enough?

So we spent most of the morning/early afternoon at the coffeehouse - we stayed longer than anyone else in the group. I thought with it being rainy outside the kids needed extra active playtime in the gym they have there. When we left I said we could go to McDonald's and then the library. I thought that would be a "fun" thing to do but it caused some whining from Alyssa. She wanted to first go home (to retrieve the hair clips she forgot this morning) then to the library and then McDonald's. Tried to explain that with gas costing as much as it does we couldn't do that - a lot of backtracking (Alyssa asked what that word meant so it took me some time to try to explain...at times I really need to carry a dictionary with me!). So I gave her a few different options. She didn't like them. She wanted to do it her way. I said if she didn't give me an answer in 5 minutes, then I would make the decision. She cried out that she didn't want me to decide and she told me because I would choose to just go straight home. Wow! At least she knows what I want! :) I said if she continued to whine that we would just go straight home. That seemed to finally get her to quiet down. Not sure why but lately she can't make a decision about anything - even as simple as what to eat. At least she doesn't have to worry about clothes to wear - it's always the pink cupcake shirt with monkey shorts!
After McDonald's and the library made it home by 3:30 - now I need some "me time" to get my journal "homework" completed before the meeting tonight. Am doing a group discussion to help become a better Mom. Am reading books and trying to learn all that I can since "being a Mom" is my full-time volunteer job currently - so want to do all I can to be the best....or just better.....