Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yummy Creamsicles





While John was at morning preschool (he's going mornings of Tuesdays and Thursdays in June and July), Alyssa and I walked (about a mile) from the preschool to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. So doing my part in driving as little as possible. Jeff actually carpooled a few times this week too. Stopped at Walgreen's (the kids sometimes call it Greenwalls) for cards for Father's Day and told Alyssa she could pick out some candy. Major indecision again about it! After several minutes I told her she should probably decide soon and she started whimpering and saying " I always don't know". She decided on Dots - her favorite candy for the past few months.
So no problems or cavities - a perfect check-up for me and since Alyssa was so good sitting in the chair in the room with me that they let her pick out a goodie from the treasure chest. More indecision - I think I'm doing a good job trying to be patient - I suggested a pink bracelet and she decided that was good since it matched her clothes. The clothes she wears every day - pink monkey shorts and pink cupcake shirt. (I really need to go to Kohl's and get at least another shirt for her)!




Enjoyed the walked and Alyssa had my reach into the weeds to pick a flower for her. After getting our nails done last week Alyssa wanted to get a pedicure. I convinced her we would do them at home since I didn't feel like spending 50 for both of us to get that done. She had me paint a pink heart on her big toe and a flower on the other big toe. She didn't have a hard time deciding what she wanted then! And even told me the different color of glitter she wanted for her individual toes! I tried to take a picture of it but don't think it turned out so well.


Later that evening we went for a walk and John pointed to a tree and said "that's a tree like Grandma Lynn has" and also saw a weeping willow tree that John said and sounded like sleeping willow. We turned the corner and John says "there's a Honda Pilot". He loves to know the names of cars and always asks me what they are. I try to tell him whenever I can. So I looked around and couldn't find one. Well it was the car that was half way down the street! Wow! Good eyesight and amazing to know the car make/model. Guess that's just a boy thing!