Friday, June 13, 2008

So Alyssa enjoyed her last day of vacation bible school. She came home with a nature collage of resurrection scene. (I asked her to hold up her pictures - guess she was tired of waiting for the camera!) John was old enough to go to but he said he didn't want to and also he was running a fever last night so didn't think it was a good idea.
After vacation bible school we stopped by a park on a lake. Still overcast and lots of water from the thunderstorms last night so after 30 minutes or so we decided to get some lunch. I hadn't been to a Sonic in I can't remember how long and after hearing an ad about dollar milkshakes thought that would be the place to go. Amazingly fast service - food was delivered and then Alyssa said she had to go to the bathroom! Okay, not a problem.....so after we all went and came back we had our food outside in the shade. I had ordered Alyssa a vanilla shake with cherries and a cherry creamsicle shake (I was to have the one she didn't want or I guess we were going to share) since she couldn't decide. John had a kids meal of grilled cheese with fries and chocolate milk. His came with a watch type of toy, so then Alyssa asked me where her toy was. Well I didn't order her a kids meal because she said she didn't know what she wanted. And the hamburger she started to eat was the one I ordered for myself! :P So I ended up eating the hamburger that she didn't finish - and a few bites of grilled cheese and fries. Sometimes lately I feel like I am the "garbage disposal" since I hate to waste any food. So guess it's a good thing that I don't order anything for myself! :)
Since we've been home trying to get the house straightened up - still dishes from last night - and John was complaining of bugs in his ears. Gave him some advil and know we have a yearly exam for both kids on Tuesday so we will see the Dr. soon enough. So he was laying down in his room for a little, now he's watching DVD's with Alyssa so now is probably time I need to get them away from the tv and back outside. Guess I can always finish this up ....and maybe fill in Wednesday and Thursday later.
John just came up crying that Alyssa hit him. Asked if he wanted to go outside and he said yes and that we should "lockAlyssa inside".....why?...."because Lyssa's a baby" was his response.