Thursday, June 26, 2008

Have you had your piece today?

Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom.

~ Psalm 90:12, NLT




I saw this in the Sunday comics and I had to laugh. I was just telling someone the other day that we "Moms" need to make sure to take a bigger piece of the pie for ourselves. Even if we have to squeeze it into our day for just a few minutes - I always feel more at peace with myself and with my family. We should also make time to "get away" from everything to do something you want to do at least once a week. Even a 20 minute run or walk outside can do wonders for you physically, mentally and spiritually. Helps you to be more productive and in much better spirits to handle all of the whines and cries we deal with every day. I've found that when I take the time for me I'm much happier which usually makes my kids and husband happier too! So making the time for ourselves doesn't just benefit us but the entire family!

It seems like our excuse for most things is that "I don't have enough time" or "there aren't enough hours in the day". Is that how you feel sometimes (or all of the time) too? This morning I saw the encouraging word of the day (above)....it reminds me that I need to make the time for the things that are important. What matters the most to us in life? What is more important....a clean house or happy kids and yourself? Usually your kids can help you answer that one. One day Alyssa asked me if I felt like Cinderella? I asked her why and she said because I was cleaning all day! :) We really need to listen to our kids - they usually are able to put things into perspective for us!